Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Déjà Vu Or Just You….


It was a brimming beautiful morning with people treading ahead with speedy foot steps, and there was I standing at one corner of the Tollygaunge metro station waiting for my muse to arrive.

“What are you looking at?” asked Tiyasha.

“You.” I replied back and she started blushing.

“Love the way you smile Tiyasha.” I replied being mesmerized by her charm.

“We are sorry to say that the next train is 10 minutes late.” Someone at the Metro station announced.

“As usual” remarked the lady standing right next to me. We exchanged cynical smiles and I turned back to adore my muse, my Tiyasha, but she disappeared. She just vanished, and everything but her was just as it was a few seconds ago. I couldn’t figure out the reason behind her sudden disappearance. Being completely startled by what happened I started looking for her. I realized that the lady beside me was equally surprised, but she was surprised to see my bizarre actions. Unable to control her curiosity she finally asked “Have you lost anything?”

I looked back at her with disgust and don’t know why replied scornfully, “Yes, I lost my girl friend.”

Her face became clueless as she remarked “But no one was here beside you.”

Don’t know why those few words hurt me so much. I felt as if a part of my heart had been plucked out suddenly, and emptiness remained. I kept quiet and walked ahead, keeping her unuttered question unanswered.

While looking for Tiyasha a sudden question came across my mind and I stood numb for a while. “Who is Tiyasha?” I asked myself. She looked familiar. Big eyes, slender lips, and a friendly smile all embedded in her pretty face. Her chocolaty complexion and her cascading brown tresses made her all the more attractive to the opposite sex.

Was she the girl I kept dreaming about all my life, or was she my first crush? Was she my first girlfriend whom I could never return back, or was she the insatiable desire in me? I kept asking my self all these things, when suddenly I heard someone asking me “You were telling me that you love the way I smile, isn’t it?” I turned back and couldn’t believe what I saw. It was Tiyasha’s voice for sure, but she wasn’t there instead it was my ex-girlfriend, Prachi.

“You are looking so beautiful Prachi” I said and kept staring at her. She blushed and started smiling. “Love the way you smile Prachi” I replied but the words sounded very familiar. “You still love me, Ani?” she asked. “Of course I do, how will I stop loving you?” I replied back looking in her deep dark eyes.

“Excuse me…. You are blocking the way” a huge tall man screamed at me, and I came out of the trance. I turned back and saw only human figures rushing towards their destination while I stood there like a wanderer.

“What are you looking at?” the voice rang in my ears and I turned back to see who it was. Tiyasha was standing right there behind me. I was intimidated by her sight for the first time in life “Who are you?” I asked very apprehensively. She looked startled but replied back smiling. “I am your muse … I am your love Ani…” she continued.

“I am whom you always searched for in Prachi. I am whom you always desired for. I am your imagination I am the girl of your dreams.”

I don’t know why the cat got my tongue but finally I managed to gather all my strength and asked her “why do you look like Prachi?” And she replied back “Because you have lost her forever yet you desire for her.”

The sudden sharp vibration of my mobile phone distracted my attention and I was started searching for my cell phone frantically. I searched it in my pocket, my bag when I finally realized it is beside my pillow and stretched my hand to get it.

“Hello Ani… it’s me Prachi” a familiar voice said. I looked back at Tiyasha she was still smiling. “Where are you?” the voice over the phone egged on. Tiyasha turned back and boarded the train. “Ani are you listening?” someone keep on repeating these words and the train left the station.

I woke up from my slumber all drenched in sweat, and realized that my girl friend Prachi was on the line.

“Are you still sleeping?” she asked curiously.

“No, am awake” I replied back very disturbed.

“Okay will meet you today at the Tollygaunge Metro station as decided. I will introduce you to my friend Tiyasha. She was eager to meet you.” Prachi said excitedly.

I kept quiet for sometime and asked in a shaky voice “What’s her name?” but Prachi had hung up by then. Her words kept ringing in my ears as she never mentioned to me about meeting her friend. I kept wondering the whole day

7 comments:

  1. interesting.....:) and enigmatic

    ReplyDelete
  2. very mysterious..liked the suspense you maintained..excellent work..keep writting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. mere illusion of thots and fragment memories....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this resemble something...practical.....some people never meet thr destiny..good wrk shaona..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entirely gripping....keep up da work honey :)

    ReplyDelete